A filling and nutritious snack or turn this dish into a whole meal! This recipe is great to batch up for a week of morning tea’s or prepare in advance for a quick and easy weekday meal.
Prep 10mins | Cook 30mins | Serves 9
165g wholemeal self-raising flour
375g zucchini, grated
200g shortcut bacon, diced
2 shallots, finely sliced
½ (160g) red capsicum, finely diced
¼ cup (60ml) milk
1 cup (85g) grated cheese
1 tbs Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Lightly grease a 20cm x 30cm pan and line with baking paper
3. Sift flour into a large bowl. Add the zucchini, capsicum, shallots, bacon and cheese to the flour
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the the eggs then add the milk and oil and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and and stir to combine
6. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 30 mins or until firm to the touch.
7. Set aside to cool before cutting into squares
NUTRITION Per Serve
847kJ (200cal), 14g protein, 9.5g fat (3.5g saturated), 14g carbohydrate, 3g fibre, 553mg sodium
Fruit: 0 serves Vegetable: 0.5 serves