Looking for a healthy snack? Give our Savoury Muffins a go!
These guys are great to batch up on the weekend for a quick grab snack during the busy week. You get the added bonus of sneaking in an extra vegetable serve with each one too!
240g wholemeal plain flour
1 tbs baking powder
120g baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
150g sweet potato, washed and grated (leave skin on)
100g semi-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
80g feta, crumbled
180ml skim milk
30ml extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly spray 12 hole muffin tray
2. Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl, removing any lumps as you go. Tip in any wholemeal flakes that don’t pass through the sifter for extra fibre.
3. Add baby spinach, sweet potato, semi-dried tomatoes and 60g of the feta.
4. In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the eggs, add the milk and oil and whisk again to combine. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients then gently fold to combine. Be careful not to over mix.
5. Spoon mixture into muffin holes and crumble remaining feta on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
NUTRITION Per Serve (1 muffin):
665kJ (159kcal), 6.5g protein, 5.4g fat (1.6g saturated fat), 19g carbohydrate, 4.2g fibre
Fruit: 0 serves Vegetable: 1 serve