Sarah's Vego Nacho's
This recipe is a family favourite from one of the Dietitian Approved Crew members - Sarah Leuenberger. Mum of 2 this IronWoman loves cooking fresh, healthy meals for the family.
This vegetarian dish is a great meat-free lunch or dinner option as it contains a great hit of complete protein, plenty of colour and fibre rich carbohydrates. Thanks for sharing Sarah!
2 Mountain Bread wraps
Spray olive oil
½ brown onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red capsicum, finely diced
1 large celery stick, finely diced
1 zucchini, finely diced
375g can of 4 bean mix, drained and rinsed
½ - 1 packet of Mexican spice mix (or make your own)
200g plain Chobani yogurt
½ avocado, cubed
1 large tomato, cubed
Handful of fresh coriander
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C
2. Cut mountain bread into triangles the size of corn chips and bake in the oven for 5-10minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Set aside
3. Spray a medium fry pan with oil spray and cook onion, stirring until transparent
4. Add to the pan garlic, capsicum, celery and zucchini, stirring until softened.
5. Next, add the bean mix and half the Mexican seasoning, adding further seasoning to flavour preferences.
6. If you’re a chilli fan, add your desired amount of chilli to the pan. Continue stirring to heat through and evenly spread the flavour
7. Meanwhile, dice the avocado and tomato into 2cm x 2cm cubes
8. To build your dishes, place the mountain bread chips on the outside of your bowls. Top with bean mix, avocado and tomato
9. Add 100g of yogurt on top of each bowl, fresh coriander leaves and extra chilli
NUTRITION Per Serve
2185kJ (522cals), 30g protein, 11.5g fat (2.5g saturated fat), 60g carbohydrate, 22g fibre, 1900mg sodium
Fruit: 0 serves Vegetable: 5.5 serves