This basic protein ball recipe doesn’t require a food processor or any fancy equipment. Throw your favourite nut butter and dried fruit combo into a bowl and mix to combine. What’s your favourite combo?
Makes 10 balls
• 2 scoops protein powder - we use a natural WPI
• 2 tbs cocoa powder
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 cup nut butter (e.g. peanut, almond, cashew nut butter)
• 1/4 cup dried fruit (cranberries, blueberries, sultanas, dates)
• 1/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut to coat. Or try chia seeds, crushed nuts, goji berries ...
1. Mix all ingredients (except the coconut) together in a bowl to form a thick paste
2. Add a little water if the mixture is too dry
3. Roll into 10 balls
4. Then roll in coating of your choice
5. Leave to set in the fridge or freezer overnight
HINT: A great little protein hit post-workout! Perfect if you can't stomach eating within 30 minutes or your recovery meal is delayed.
Nutrition PER SERVE
Based on using peanut butter and dried blueberries, rolled in desiccated coconut
630kJ (150kcal), 9.5g protein, 9.5g fat (3g saturated), 6g carbohydrate, 2g fibre, 112mg sodium