Peanut Satay Sauce
WARNING! THIS FINGER-LICKING SATAY SAUCE WILL HAVE YOU EATING IT STRAIGHT FROM THE WOK WITH A SPOON! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED....
2 tsp peanut oil
2-3 garlic clove, crushed or finely diced
2 tbs coconut sugar
4 tbs peanut butter (see recipe)
2 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp mirin
1/2 tsp chilli (or more if you like)
400ml can coconut milk
1. Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and chilli, stirring continuously until softened.
3. Turn the heat down to low and add the sugar. Stir until mixed.
4. Next add the soy sauce and peanut butter, stirring until thoroughly mixed.
5. Then slowly add the coconut milk bit by bit, stirring continuously to mix and smooth out any lumps.
6. Add mirin and fish sauce to taste.
7. Leave to gently simmer down to thicken sauce.
Store leftovers (if any) in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 1-2 weeks.
NUTRITION Per Serve
949kJ (227cals), 5g protein, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 9g carbohydrate, 2g dietary fibre, 557mg sodium