Panko Crumbed Chicken with Mango and Avocado Salad
An Aussie Summer staple, nothing beats mango and avocado together in a fresh salad! Paired with panko crumbed chicken for something a little different.
Panko is a Japanese breadcrumb. Made from a uniquely baked bread cooked using electric charged metal plates. No oven needed! It's light, crunchy, flaky and crispy. We love it!
500g chicken breast
¼ cup plain flour
2 tbs tap water
½ cup shredded coconut
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 large handfuls of salad leaves of choice
1 large ripe mango
1 medium ripe avocado
2 tbs fresh lime juice
1 tbs fish sauce
1 tbs coconut sugar
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Add flour to a small bowl and toss through chicken to coat.
3. Next, whisk egg and water together in another small bowl.
4. Combine coconut and panko on a flat plate.
5. Dip the flour coated chicken into the egg mixture then onto the plate to coat in panko crumb mix.
6. Transfer to a lined tray and bake in the oven until cooked through and golden brown, turning halfway to brown evenly on both sides.
7. Meanwhile, add salad leaves to a large salad bowl
8. Slice the cheeks off the mango and separate from the skin by scooping out the flesh with a big spoon, being careful to keep the flesh intact. Once the skin is removed, cut the mango into 1-2cm cubes and add to the salad bowl
9. Cut the avocado in half lengthways & remove the seed with your knife. The easiest way to do this is to aim a sharp knife at the pit and whack into it, using enough force that the knife won’t slip. Twist the knife to pull out the pit and discard. Dice into 1-2cm cubes by scoring the flesh, being careful not to pierce the skin, then peel the skin away or scoop out with a big spoon. Add your diced avocado to the bowl
10. In a small jar, add the dressing ingredients and shake to combine
11. Pour dressing over your salad ingredients, then toss together to mix and evenly coat with dressing. Garnish with fresh coriander and mint leaves. Serve immediately
NUTRITION Per Serve
2310kJ (552kcal), 39g protein, 21g fat (10g saturated), 48g carbohydrate, 8g fibre, 750mg sodium
Fruit: 0.75 serves Vegetable: 0.5 serves