Steph’s FODMAP friendly recipe
Dietitian Approved crew member Steph Johnson shares with us one of her favourite ‘throw together’ recipes. These tacos are perfect for sharing, so invite a friend over and enjoy this delicious and nutritious meal.
• 2 x fillets of white fish (sweetlip, trout, cod, or similar)
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp oregano
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp chilli (if you like a little bit of spice!)
• Juice from 1 lime
• 1 red capsicum, finely diced
• 2 tomatoes, cubed
• 2 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
• 2 tsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
• 200g fresh pineapple, cubed
• ½ small avocado (40g), cubed
• Optional: 1/2 red onion
• Lettuce, sliced
• 4 x taco’s, wholemeal tortillas, or corn tortillas to make FODMAP friendly
• 2 tsp Chipotle aioli (or vegan chipotle mayonnaise)
• Optional extra: Pineapple chutney
1. To make salsa, combine diced tomato, capsicum, pineapple, red onion (if using), avocado, parsley and coriander in a bowl.
2. Gently stir through half the lime juice and refrigerate until serving.
3. For seasoning, in a small bowl combine cumin, oregano, paprika, chilli (if using), salt and pepper.
4. Slice fish fillet lengthways and then into 2cm size strips and coat with seasoning mix.
5. Heat non-stick frying pan on medium heat, add fish and cook for 2-3 mins on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
6. Squeeze remaining lime juice over the fish and remove from heat.
7. Warm soft shell tacos or corn tortillas in the microwave for 10 second bursts or until warmed through.
8. Build tacos with lettuce, fish, salsa, and top with pineapple chutney (if using) and aioli.
Nutrition per serve: (LowFODMAP version)
2270kJ (542kcal), 36g protein, 12.5g fat (2.5g saturated fat), 62g carbohydrate, 11g fibre, 577mg sodium.