Our modified version of this spicy noodle dish. Packed full of veggies with just the right amount of spice to keep everyone happy.
1 tbs olive oil
500g chicken breast, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
3 medium zucchini, chopped into half moons
200g snow peas, trimmed and thinly sliced
3cm fresh ginger, finely chopped
2 tbs red curry paste
2 tsp sambal oelek
1 cup chicken stock, reduced salt
400ml light coconut milk
100g vermicelli noodles
100g hokkien noodles
2 spring onions, finely sliced
2 cups bean sprouts
2 handfuls of fresh coriander
1. Heat half the oil in a medium saucepan or wok on medium-high heat.
2. Cook chicken until almost cooked through and set aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil and add capsicum and garlic to the same pan, cooking until just starting to soften. Then add the zucchini and snow peas.
3. Once all veggies have started to soften add ginger, curry paste and sambal oelek to the veggies. Cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
3. Next, pour in the chicken stock and coconut milk, reduce heat and simmer for 5 mins.
4. Meanwhile, cook noodles as per packet instructions then add to the laksa along with the chicken to heat through.
5. Remove from heat, separate into bowls and garnish with spring onions, coriander and bean sprouts.
NUTRITION Per Serve
2330kJ (555kcal), 38g protein, 25g fat (16g saturated fat), 40g carbohydrate, 8g fibre, 510mg sodium
Fruit: 0 serves Vegetable: 3 serves