Carrot Cake Porridge
Cook: 10mins | Serves: 1
Looking for a meal that makes you excited to start the day? Give our Carrot Cake Porridge a go!
Who doesn't love combining dessert and breakfast! This Dietitian Approved recipe spices up a breakfast classic with the bonus of sneaking an extra veggie serve in for the day.
40g rolled oats
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup skim milk
1 small carrot (60g), grated
1tbs (15g) sultanas
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
15g walnuts, roughly chopped
100g natural Greek yoghurt (we used Chobani 0 .5% fat for extra protein)
1. If time permits - soak oats overnight in water before beginning.
2. Place oats, water, milk, carrot, sultanas, and spices in a saucepan on low to medium heat.
3. Cook until carrot and oats have softened and the fluid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
4. Add half of the walnuts, stir through and remove from heat.
5. Pour into a bowl, spoon yoghurt on top and sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
NUTRITION Per Serve
1780kJ (425kcal), 22g protein, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 47g carbohydrate, 8g fibre, 127mg sodium
Fruit: 0.5 serves Vegetable: 0.5 serves