Beef and Sweet Potato Lasagne
Serves 6 | Prep 10mins | Cook 30mins
Drizzle olive oil
600g sweet potato, scrubbed and cut into rough chunks
2 cloves garlic, crushed
500g lean beef mince
700g jar passata sauce
6 Mountain bread wraps
3 carrots (300g), grated
100g baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
200g low-fat cottage cheese
30g parmesan, grated
Salad to serve:
4 cups salad leaves
Half a cucumber, sliced
20 cherry tomatoes
80g fetta, cubed
18 green olives, whole
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Steam sweet potato in the microwave or steamer until soft (5-8 minutes). Mash, then set aside and keep warm.
3. Heat oil in a large pan on medium-high heat. Add garlic & mince, breaking up with a wooden spoon to brown.
4. Stir through passata sauce and leave for 10 minutes to reduce. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. While the mince is cooking, grate the carrot and finely chop the spinach leaves.
6. In a medium casserole dish or tin, place down 2 mountain bread wraps.
7. Spread half the mince mixture over base, top with half the sweet potato, half the grated carrot, then half the spinach
7. Top with 2 mountain bread wraps and spread with all of the cottage cheese. Sprinkle over the remaining spinach leaves, then repeat step seven.
8. Top with the final 2 mountain bread wraps and sprinkle parmesan evenly over the top.
9. Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through and golden brown.
10. Serve with side salad.
NUTRITION Per Serve
1840kJ (439cals), 35g protein, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 43g carbohydrate, 10g dietary fibre, 544mg sodium
Fruit: 0 serves Vegetable: 4 serves
HINT: For an higher carbohydrate variation, use lasagne sheets instead of mountain bread wraps.