If you love our Chicken Burgers, you're guaranteed to love our Beef Burgers too!
Burgers are typically a comfort food, but we've triple-tested these juicy patties to bring you a healthy version that doesn't compromise on flavour. We know you're going to love them just as much as we do.
Prep: 5 + 30mins | Cook: 10min | Makes: 6
500g lean beef mince
1/2 medium brown onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 small carrot, unpeeled and grated
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
3 tbs reduced fat evaporated milk
2 tbs all purpose seasoning
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well with a spoon, then use your hands
2. Using a 1/2 cup measure of mixture, shape into 6 x 2-3cm-thick patties.
3. Heat barbecue or fry pan on low-medium heat. Spray patties lightly with oil.
4. Cook for 10 minutes, turning to prevent burning until cooked through.
5. Serve on a wholegrain bun with salad items of choice. We love lettuce, cucumber, tomato, grated carrot and beetroot but you can include whatever you like!
TIP: To batch cook - double the recipe and freeze patties after step 2. We’ve currently got a batch in our freezer ready for a healthy meal on the fly.
NUTRITION Per Serve (1 patty)
840kJ (200kcal), 24g protein, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 11.5g carbohydrate, 1.5g fibre, 1335mg sodium
NUTRITION Per Serve (1 Burger)
17280kJ (412kcal), 33g protein, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 46g carbohydrate, 9g fibre, 1920mg sodium
Fruit: 0 serves Vegetable: 1.75 serves